Green Card Scheme
Denmark is one of the European Union’s most active members in trying to recruit skilled workers from around the world. Denmark’s immigration policy, similar to the United Kingdom’s skilled immigration program, utilizes a points based system called the Danish Green Card Scheme to attract skilled workers from outside the EU.
Denmark Green Card is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking for a career & life in the EU as Danish companies are facing shortages in getting qualified employees. This Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card program is the best way of allowing qualified individuals to come in and work in Denmark under the Danish Green Card (Denmark Green Card) as a pathway to Denmark Immigration.
If you score 100 points you get a green card which allows you to work and settle in Denmark under the Danish Green Card (Denmark Green Card).
Under the scheme, non-European Union skilled migrants are allowed to come to Denmark under a renewable 3 years permit for the purpose of finding work.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you file your application & receive your visa in 6 to 12 months! It allows you to enter Denmark & live there on a PR Visa. As soon as you find a job, you are granted a permit to work.
Basic Features of Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
- Under the Green Card scheme, visa holder will be granted a first -time temporary residence permit for 3 years. Before the end of this period, you can also apply for an extension of up to 4 years
- Residence permit can be extended if you have worked for the past 12 months for a minimum of ten hours per week
- If you have held a Danish temporary residence permit for at least four years, you can apply for a permanent residence permit. With a permanent residence permit, you no longer need to apply for an extension of your residence permit but can reside in Denmark for as long as you wish, provided you meet eligibility conditions
- You will be eligible to apply for Danish Nationality or Citizenship status if you have lived in Denmark for a continuous period of at least 9 years
- Your spouse, registered partner or cohabiting partner, as well as any children under the age of 18 who are living at home with you, are also eligible for residence permits. Your spouse, registered partner or cohabiting partner is allowed to work full time for the entire period his or her permit is valid
Eligibility for Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
The Danish Green Card/Denmark Green Card is a point based system and in order to qualify applicants must score 100 points. We process applications only of those who score these points, which makes us confident of our success. Points are scored from any of the following:
Age for Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
- Earn points if you are below 40 years old
Education for Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
- A master degree is mandatory to apply for Denmark, Master of engineering, Master of Computer applications, Master of Technology, Master of Pharmacy are noted qualifications to earn complete points for Denmark green card
- Earn bonus points if your education qualifies you to work in a field where Denmark is currently experiencing a shortage of qualified professionals listed in the positive list
- Earn bonus points if you have a Bachelor / Masters Degree / PhD from world’s top university.
Work Experience for Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
- Your work experience can be given points according to how many years, within the last five years, you have worked as a researcher or in a field where Denmark is currently experiencing a shortage of qualified professionals. You can see these fields and specific job titles on the positive list.
- You can also be given points for other work experience , minimum experience of 3 years required
Language Skills for Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
Documentation of 1 year of complete studies or work in either of the languages are required. IELTS will be an added advantage
Adaptability for Danish Green Card / Denmark Green Card
- Earn bonus points for having worked or studied in the EU / EEA / Switzerland
- Completion of the 1-3 years of studies in European or Schegen country or worked for 1-3 years can get you adaptability points
Why would you want to live in Denmark?
- Denmark was ranked as “The happiest place in the world” based on the standards of health, welfare and education.
- Denmark is considered one of the richest countries in the world.
- Many job opportunities – Unemployment is currently at a historical low.
- High Salaries – Gross salaries are high in Denmark in comparison with other countries making Denmark an attractive place to work.
- English is used as the corporate language.
- Denmark is the second most peaceful country in the world, after Iceland.
- Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world.
- The capital, Copenhagen, is ranked the most livable city in the world.
- Denmark has a GDP per capita 15-20% higher than that of the United States.
- Denmark’s national currency, the Krone, is de facto linked to the Euro.